- Malika Smaïl-Tabbone – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate professor– Computer Science – HDR
- Université de Lorraine
- Member of Orpailleur Project Team
- Google scholar page
- Habilitation (2014)
- Contributions to knowledge extraction from biological data (in french)
- Jury : Christine Froidevaux, Céline Rouveirol, Julie Thompson, Anne Boyer, Marie-Dominique Devignes, Bruno Crémilleux.
- PhD (1994)
- Case-based reasoning for adaptive image retrieval (in french)
- Supervisor: Marion Créhange
- Jury: Yves Chiaramella, Philippe Laublet, Marion Créhange, Odile Thiery.
- Since 1995 : Associate Professor –Université de Lorraine (formerly Université Henri Poincaré, Nancy 1)
- 2007 – 2009 : Researcher, INRIA Lorraine
- 1993 – 1995 : Lecturer (ATER), Université Henri Poincaré Nancy 1, Université Nancy 2
- 1989 – 1994 : Cooperation Grant for preparing a PhD
My research domains are related to data integration, data mining, knowledge discovery process from databases with applications in the life sciences and biomedical area.
Recent works are related to LOD (Linked Open Data) integration, inductive databases, graph and relational data aggregation and mining techniques.
Grants and projects
The project entitled ITM2P (Innovations Technologiques, Modélisation et Médecine Personnalisée), leaded by professor Faiez Zannad in the framewok of the CPER 2015-2020, was granted with 4.3 M€. The funds will be used for medical devices and for setting up four technological platforms. We are involved in the so-called SMEC platform which stands for Simulation, modeling and knowledge extraction from bio-medical data. The scientific challenge is to make progress toward personalized medicine in connection with ageing.
The second project entitled Fight Heart failure (FHF), leaded by Professor Patrick Rossignol, is a RHU research project which was granted with 9M€ as a future-investment project. I am co-responsible of a workpackage aiming to identify relevant bio-profiles of patients suffering from heart-failure. The main challenging aspect of the problem comes from the complexity and heterogeneity of the bio-medical data attached to the patients which makes difficult the of pairwise patient similarity measures, especially when adopting a holistic view of the individual.
PHD supervision and co-supervision
- Kevin Dalleau (2016-) TBA
- Mehwish Alam (2012-2015) 30% Interactive Knowledge Discovery over the Web of Data
- Adrien Coulet (2005-2008) 50% Intégration et extraction de connaissances à partir de données cliniques et génétiques
- Nizar Messai (2004-2009) 30% Extraction de connaissances et Web sémantique : application à la recherche et l’interrogation de ressources génomiques sur le Web
- Léo Ghemtio (2006-2010) 50% Simulation numérique et approche orientée connaissance pour la découverte de nouvelles molécules thérapeutiques
- Gérald Duffing (1996-1999) 70% Apports mutuels de la vision par ordinateur et de la recherche interactive d’images
- Member of the national council of universities, CNU section 27 (2007-2012)
- Expert for ANR
- Member of several scientific program and organizing committees
- Member of the Board of the faculty of sciences (2006-2010)
- Member of several recruitment committees in computer science, bio-informatics, ecology.
- Member of the CDT (Commission de Développement Technologique), Inria NGE (2008-2011)