I am a researcher (DR2) at Inria in Nancy. I am a member of the Inria team Gamble which is also part of the LORIA laboratory, a combined Research Unit (UMR 7503) common to CNRS, INRIA and Université de Lorraine.
I work on Computational Geometry with a special interest in non-linear problems. I obtained my PhD from in 1996 at Inria Sophia-Antipolis and Université Paris 6. After two years of postdoc at McGill university in Montreal, I joined Inria in Nancy in 1999. I defended my Habilitation in 2007 on Computational geometry problems on lines and quadrics in 3D.
Publications HAL, DBLP, google scholar, HAL per type/year, HAL by year/type
QI stands for "Quadrics Intersection". QI is the first exact, robust, efficient and usable implementation of an algorithm for parameterizing the intersection of two arbitrary quadrics, given in implicit form, with integer coefficients. See the Online calculation server and the QI page for details.
Isotop is a Maple software for computing the topology/isotopy of an implicit algebraic plane curve, that is, for computing an arrangement of polylines that are isotopic to the input curve. In other words, it computes a drawing of the curve in a certified way, in particular, without missing any connected component or singular point. Isotop is based on the algorithms we developped in a series of paper. See the Online server.
Started in 2002, this annual McGill - INRIA - Victoria workshop brings together, from around the globle, about 25 researchers (on invitation) during one week for working together on Computational Geometry problems. This workshop is co-organized with S. Whitesides from University of Victoria. See the workshop pages for details.
- 24th European Workshop on Computational Geometry, March 18-20, 2008, Nancy.
- LORIA Algo Seminar, 2002-2007.
- Lorraine-Saarland workshop on Geometry and CAD 14 April 2003, MPI Saarbrücken.
- Journées de Géométrie Algorithmique 2002 14-18 Oct. 2002, Obernai.
- Journées de cloture Visi3D et CoSTIC 10-11 Dec. 2001, IHP, Paris.
- Workshop on 3D global visibility 16-22 septembre 2000, Bonifacio.
PhD students & postdocs
- Yacine Bouzidi, Solving bivariate algebraic systems and topology of plane curves, 2014
- Luis Peñaranda, Non-linear computational geometry for planar algebraic curves, 2010
- Maria Pentcheva, Conversion CSG-BRep de scènes définies par des quadriques, 2010
- Linqiao Zhang, On the three-dimensional visibility skeleton: implementation and analysis, 2009
- Marc Glisse, Combinatoire des droites et segments pour la visibilité 3D, 2007
- Geoffroy Lauvaux, La réalisation d'œuvres d'art par prototypage rapide avec le procédé de Stratoconception®, 2005
- Xavier Goaoc, Structures de visibilité globale : taille, calcul et dégénérescences, 2004
- Laurent Dupont, Paramétrage quasi-optimal de l'intersection de deux quadriques : théorie, algorithmes et implantation, 2004
- Georges Tzoumas, Geometric predicates, 2009-10
- Jinsen Cheng, Certified geometric computing with curved primitives, 2007-09
- Elias Tsigaridas, Certified geometric computing with curved primitives, 2007
- Cedric Lamathe, CSG-to-BRep conversion of curved objects, 2003-04
- Hyeon-Suk Na, Probabilistic analysis in computational geometry, 2001-02
- Head of the INRIA Nancy Grand Est committee (Comipers) for selecting PhDs, postdocs, invited profs and délégations at INRIA (since 2009). Intranet Comipers page.
- Head of the INRIA (national) ``Mission Jeunes Chercheurs'' (since 2018). MJC Web page.
- Head of the department “Algorithmique, calcul, image et géométrie” in the LORIA laboratory (since 2014). Department page.
- Member of the Executive scientific committee of the LORIA laboratory (since 2014).
- Member of the board for computer science in the Doctoral school of Lorraine univ. (since 2009). Web page.
- Member of the LORIA laboratory council (Conseil du laboratoire) since 2013.
- Head of the INRIA research team Vegas from 2004 to 2016. Old web site.
Recent courses taught
- Algorithms and complexity, L3, 2009-2017
|INRIA Nancy-Grand Est|
|615, rue du Jardin botanique|
|Phone :||(+33) 3 83 59 20 70|
Scrolling Nav theme by David Miller.