Ph.D., in Engineering Sciences (Oct. 2006 – June 2011)
- Location: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Department of Electrical Engineering (ESAT/SCD)
- Thesis: Integrated active noise control and noise reduction in hearing aids
- PhD Advisors: Prof. Marc Moonen, Prof. Jan Wouters and Prof. Søren Holdt Jensen.
M.Sc., In Signal, Tansmission and Image (June 2006)
- Location: Université Rennes 1, Rennes, France, Team R2D2 (Reconfigurable and Retargetable Digital Devices), Lannion, France
- Thesis: Fixed-point implementation of an MP3 coder.
- Advisors: Prof. Olivier Sentieys and Prof. Daniel Ménard
M.Eng., In Signal Processing Automatic System Engineering (June 2005)
- Location: école Nationale Supérieure d’électricité et de Mécanique (ENSEM), Nancy, France, Embedded Internet Systems LABoratory (EISLAB) , Luleå, Sweden
- Thesis: Design of a remote fish measurement system, including embedded web server and GPS controller. Programming in Langage C on Microship PIC microcontrollers.
- Since Sep. 2016: Associate professor, Université de Lorraine, Loria, UMR 7503, Vandœuvre-lès-Nancy, France.
Research on: Distant speech recogntion, multichannel speech processing and representation learning for speech processing.
- Oct. 2014 – Aug. 2016: Post-doctoral researcher (with Prof. Gaël Richard and Slim Essid), Dept. Signal and image processing (TSI), Telecom ParisTech, Paris, France.
Research on: Speaker diarization and identification, representation learning for audio
(The research take place in the framework of the LASIE project).
- Jan. 2013 – Sep. 2014: Post-doctoral researcher (with Prof. Marcello Federico), Human Language Technology research group, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy.
Research on : Robust automatic speech recognition.
(The research take place in the framework of the EU-BRIDGE project).
- June 2011 – Dec. 2012: Post-doctoral researcher (with Prof. Marc Moonen), Dept. of Electrical Engineering, KULeu- ven, Leuven, Belgium.
Research on : Design and evaluation of binaural noise reduction algorithms for cochlear im- plants.
(This project is a joint collaboration between the Dept. of Electrical Engineering and the Dept. of neurosciences at KULeuven and Cochlear Ltd).
- Oct. 2006 – June 2011: Research assistant (with Prof. Marc Moonen), Dept. of Electrical Engineering, KULeuven, Leuven, Belgium.
Research on : Integrated active noise control and noise reduction in hearings aids
- Oct. – Dec. 2009: Guest researcher (with Prof. Søren Holdt Jensen), Dept. of Electronic Systems, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Danemark.
- Since 2016: Introduction to computer tools, Université de Lorraine — IUT Charlemagne, Nancy, France
- 2011-2012: Active reduction of the occlusion effect in hearing aids (Kevin Verluyten)
- 2008-2009: Active noise reduction for cars (Kenneth De Noel, Mathias Vercruysse)
- 2007-2008: Active noise control in hearing aids (Anne-Sofie Micholt)
- 2012: System and control theory, KULeuven, Belgium (H01M8AE)
- 2007-2012: Speech and audio class, KULeuven, Belgium (H09K5A)
- 2007-2010: Student project supervision for Digital Signal Processing for Communications and Information Systems class, KULeuven, Belgium (H05F1AE)
- October 2007: Adaptive filtering class, EST-Signal project, Aalborg, Danemark
- Signal processing for speech and audio applications
- Single- and multi-channel noise reduction
- Machine learning for signal processing
- epresentation learning for audio processing
- Active Noise Control
- Automatic Speech Recognition
- (Deep) neural networks
- Speaker identification