Skip to main content
Doctoral and scientific supervision
- Ph.D thesis supervision: Théo Biasutto-Lervat (Projet e-fran METAL, 12/2016 – 11/2019)
- Ph.D thesis supervision: Sara Dahmani (Contrat doctoral, 01/2017-12/2019)
- (Past) Ph.D thesis supervision: Utpala Musti (2009-2013), Imen Jemaa (2009-2013)
- Postdoctoral supervision: Asterios Toutios (2007-2009), Ingmar Steiner (2011-2012), Sébastien Demange (2009-2010).
- Master students supervision: Several master students for the long final project (5-6 months period).
These students are from Computer Science department, Cognitive sciences department, and Automatic Signal processing department.
- Member of the programme committee of PFIA 2018 (Artificial Intelligence platform – plate-forme Intelligence Artificielle), 2-6 July 2018, Nancy, France.
- Co-organization of AVSP (2017) 25-26 August, 2017, Stockholm, Sweden. (International Conference on Auditory-Visual Speech Processing)
- Co-organization of FAAVSP (2015) 11-13 September, 2015, Vienna, Austria.
The 1st Joint Conference on Facial Analysis, Animation and Auditory-Visual Speech Processing in Vienna
- General chair of the conference AVSP2013 and the president of the organizing committee of the International Conference on Auditory-Visual Speech Processing (AVSP’2013).
- Co-organizer of a special session at Interspeech 2013 Articulatory data acquisition and processing.
- President of the organizing committee of the International Seminar on Speech Production (ISSP 2008)
- Member of the Committee program of the International Conference on Multimodal Interfaces ICMI 2006 (Area Chair), AVSP 2011
- Member of the Scientific committee of several conferences: INTERSPEECH, ICASSP, AVSP, ISSP, JEP
- Visartico is an articulatory visualization that can be used with an articulograph.
- Plavis: Multimodal data analysis, processing and visualization software.
- MultiMod Platform: Multimodal data acquisition platform allowing recording motion capture data using Vicon, depth DRGB data using RealSense and electromagnetography (EMA) data using the articulograh AG501.
- Talking head: a system animating a talking head with realistic rendering and dynamic articulation.
Scientific Related Activities
- Secretary and Treasurer of the scientific association AVISA – Auditory-VIsual Speech Association. Also website and mailing administrator.
- Member of the Board of the Francophone Association of Spoken Communication – AFCP – (2017 – 2020)
- Member of several scientific associations: ISCA, IEEE Signal Processing Society (IEEE SPS), ACM.
- Member of The Charles Hermite Federation (2013-2017)
- Elected board member of the researcher center LORIA (2011-2017)
- Language learning, 2nd D-TRANSFORM Leadership School Program. Nancy 19-23 May 2017.
- Audiovisual speech: facilitating oral-based communication, Praxiling, University of Montpellier 3, October 2016, Montpellier, France.
- Toward Realistic Expressive Audiovisual Speech Synthesis, Expressive Virtual Actors workshop, Nov 2015, Grenoble, France.
- Production of articulatory speech, Conference on Corpus and Tools in Linguistics, Languages and Speech, Strasbourg, France, July 2013
- Acquisition of articulatory data by an articulograph, Workshop on Typology of rhotics: phonetic manifestations and phonological issues, Paris, France, june 2011.
- Tongue Control and its Implication in Pronunciation Training, Natural Language Processing and Language Learning Workshop (NaTAL’10), Nancy, june 2010.
- Studying Pharyngealisation Using an Articulograph,Workshop Pharyngeal and Pharyngealisation, à Newcastle, Angleterre, March 2009.
- Talking heads: A framework to study audiovisual speech, Institut de Phonétique de Strasbourg, France, May 2009.
- Reviewer for International Journals: Journal of Acoustical Society of America (JASA), Speech Communication, Journal of Phonetics, IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing, Computer Speech and Language, Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) , Logopedics Phoniatrics Vocology, Language Resources and Evaluation.
- Reviewer of manuscript of a book for the Cambridge University Press.
- Reviewer for International Conferences: Interspeech, AVSP, IVA, ICASSP, ISSP, JEP, ..
- Reviewer for Research Funding Agencies (Austrian Academy of Sciences, Research Foundation Flanders,..)