I am a « full time » researcher at CNRS (the National Center for Scientific Research).
I am working at LORIA-INRIA (Lorraine Laboratory for Research into Information Technology and its Applications) in the MultiSpeech group directed by Denis Jouvet. I am interested by recognition and interpretation of signals, mainly in the field of speech recognition.
During my PhD, I have designed an expert system call APHODEX for acoustic-phonetic decoding of continuous speech.
Now, I am working on
- robust speech recognition,
- speech recognition over the telephone
- automatic broadcast news transcription
- non native speech recognition
- computer-assisted foreign language learning
I was involved in European project:
- SAM (Speech Assessment Methodologies)
- AITRAS (An Intelligent Real Time System for Signal Understanding)
- ROARS (RObust Analytical speech Recognition System)
- HIWIRE (Human Input that Works In Real Environments),
1987-…Research Scientist CNRS at LORIA
1984-1986 PhD at University Henri Poincaré
1981-1983 Engineering school ENSEM