It is always too late to work on urgent cases, but there should always be some time to work on important problems, join Slow Science.
I’m interested in computational geometry with an algebraic flavour. In particular, I’m investigating symbolic (computer algebra) and numeric methods for the computation of the topology and the geometric approximation of curves and surfaces. My work goes from algorithm design and complexity analysis up to software development.
J’habite ma propre maison,
Je n’ai jamais imité personne en rien
Et – je me ris de tout maître
Qui n’a su rire de lui-même.”
Nietzsche – “Le gai savoir”
- 2006-today Researcher at INRIA Nancy Grand Est
- 2006 Postdoc at Freie Universitat Berlin with Konrad Polthier
- 2002-2005 PhD Student in Prisme/Geometrica team, INRIA Sophia. Advisor: Frédéric Cazals
- 1998-2002 Mathematics teacher in high school in France.
“ The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set a limit to infinite error. ”
- 2018 ENS Lyon, Computational Geometry
- 2012 — ENSG Géologie numérique
- 2013 IMPA Postdoc Course: Convex Hulls and Point Location, Rio, Brazil
- 2007 Master Nancy, mention Informatique, Algorithmiques géométriques et robustesse
- subdivision_solver: solver for generic systems of large dense polynomials, joint work with Rémi Imbach and Guillaume Moroz
- ISOTOP: webserver for computing the topology/isotopy of an implicit real algebraic plane curve
- CGAL: I developed the following CGAL packages with Frédéric Cazals
“Ne craignez pas la perfection. Vous n’y parviendrez jamais!”
Salvador Dali – Le journal d’un génie
- Christian Gillot, Master, 2008, Mémoire de Master: Diagrammes de Voronoï de trois droites en position arbitraire
- Yacine Bouzidi, PhD, 2010–2013, Solving bivariate systems and topology of plane curves
- Judit Recknagel, Bachelor thesis, 2013, Topology of plane singular curves resultant of two trivariate polynomials
- Olive Chakraborty, Internship, Jun-dec 2014, Numerical algorithms for certified topological and geometrical description of singular curves founded by ANR SingCAST
- Remi Imbach, PostDoc, Nov. 2014 – Oct. 2016, founded by ANR SingCAST
- Jian Qian, ENS Paris L3, Bachelor thesis, 2017, “Root solver using subdivision and Fast Fourier Transform”
- George Krait, Phd, 2017–
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There’s still time to change the road you’re on.
And it makes me wonder.”
LED ZEPPELIN “Stairway To Heaven”
- 2014-2017 ANR JCJC SingCAST (Singular Curves and Surfaces Topology) with Guillaume Moroz. The objective of our project is to intertwine further symbolic/numeric approaches to compute efficiently solution sets of polynomial systems with TOPOLOGICAL and geometrical guarantees in the SINGULAR case.
- Participant of ANR Présage 2011-2015
- Participant of ANR Aspag 2017-2021
“All the past we leave behind,
We debouch upon a newer mightier world, varied world,
Fresh and strong the world we seize, world of labor and the march,
Pioneers! O pioneers!
We detachments steady throwing,
Down the edges, through the passes, up the mountains steep,
Conquering, holding, daring, venturing as we go the unknown ways,
Pioneers! O pioneers!”
Walt Whitman. “Leaves of Grass.”