Associate professor (Maître de conférences)
The associate professor position is composed of a teaching and researching position.
Teaching at the University of Lorraine (in the computer sciences department of Faculté des Sciences et Technologies – Nancy):
- Speech Analysis and Processing
- Systems (process synchronization…)
- Computer systems (UNIX, Shells…)
- Computer tools (C2i)
Research at the LORIA
- My research topics are:
- Speech synthesis
- Text-To-Speech synthesis by unit selection (see some details at SoJA or directly a demo at http://soja-tts.loria.fr ).
- Acoustic-Visual Speech Synthesis (ViSAC Project [ANR] 2009-2012)
- Text-To-Speech synthesis by HMM and DNN.
- Speech analysis/synthesis techniques applied to language learning.
- keywords : speech, perception, time/scale modifications, foreign language acquisition, prosody, oral comprehension, synthesis, TTS, SoJA.
Administrative charge at the University of Lorraine
Responsable/Correspondant C2i UL (Certificat Informatique et Internet)
(see Web site for information)
Researcher in a postdoctoral position at the MULTITEL research center (2002/2003).
I worked for the TTS synthesis group to add Non-Uniform Unit selection in eLite project : a Linguistically-Oriented Non-uniform units Selector.
Thesis : « Speech analysis/synthesis techniques applied to language learning »
I defended my dissertation in 24th september 2002
The MULTISPEECH team focuses its research on spoken communication. It covers a wide range of activities including the study of human perception of acoustic clues, the analysis of speech and automatic recognition. These works come within the scope of building robust vocal interfaces in multimodal and embedded systems. Acoustic to Articulatory Mapping, Acoustical and Perceptual Cues for Speech Sounds, Stochastic Models for Automatic Speech Recognition, Speech Synthesis…