!! NEW !! General chair of the organization commette of PFIA 2018, that will take place in Nancy from 2nd to 6th July 2018 (2017 edition here).
Associate professor in Computer Science (section CNU 27) at Université de Lorraine Since 2003.
Teaching at UFR Mathématiques et Informatique, and research at LORIA lab, KIWI team.
My research interests are: artificial intelligence, including user modelling: préférences and behavior through the design of recommender systems. My approach relies on machine learning and data mining.
I am currently the co-adviser of the following PhD students:
- Benjamin Gras « Modeling atypical users in recommender systems ». Defence planned in December 2017.
- Yacine Abboud « Predicting emergence. Application to compétences in job offers ». Defence planned in September 2018.
- Oleksandr Palchenko « Algorithms and information technology to search similar objects in Big Data ». Defence planned in June 2019
- Julie Budaher » Educational barometer for students : from the increase of the learning process to system adoption ». Defence planned in December 2019
Past Phd students:
- Marharyta Aleksandrova « Matrix factorisation and contrats analysis for recommandation ». French-Ukraine PhD. PhD defended on 7th July 2017.
- Lina Fahed « Predicting and Influencing the occurrence of events in a complex sequence ». Defended in October 2016.
- Geoffray Bonnin « sequential approaches in recommender systems for Web navigation » Defended in November 2010.
- Ilham Esslimani « a behavioral approach of the recommendation and social networks as a representation tool » Defended in December 2010.