Associate professor – HDR (defended in April 2018) – in Computer Science (section CNU 27) at Université de Lorraine Since 2003.
Teaching at IDMC (Institute of Digital Sciences, Management and Cognition), head of the 2nd year of Master in Cognitive Sciences (previously head of the Bachelor in Mathematics and Computer Science applied to Social and Human Sciences)
My research interests are: artificial intelligence, including user modelling: preferences and behavior for diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive modelling, with a specific focus on the design of recommender systems. My approach relies on machine learning and data mining.
I am currently the co-adviser of the following PhD students:
- Adrien Dufraux « Leveraging Noisy, Incomplete, or Implicit Labels for Automatic Speech Recognition ». Defence planned in November 2021.
- Zhao Zhang » Towards hybrid and explainable recommender systems mixing content analysis and collaborative filtering ». Defence planned in October 2021.
- Halima Ramdani « Approche sémantique pour l’optimisation du processus de e-recrutement ». Defence planned in October 2021.
- Julie Budaher » Educational barometer for students : from the increase of the learning process to system adoption ». Defence planned in December 2019.
Past Phd students:
- Yacine Abboud « Fouille de motifs : entre accessibilité et robustesse ». PhD defended on 28th November 2018.
- Benjamin Gras « Modeling atypical users in recommender systems ». PhD defended on 8th January 2018.
- Oleksandr Palchenko « Algorithms and information technology to search similar objects in Big Data ». PhD stopped after 1 year.
- Marharyta Aleksandrova « Matrix factorisation and contrats analysis for recommandation ». French-Ukraine PhD. PhD defended on 7th July 2017.
- Lina Fahed « Predicting and Influencing the occurrence of events in a complex sequence ». Defended in October 2016.
- Geoffray Bonnin « sequential approaches in recommender systems for Web navigation » Defended in November 2010.
- Ilham Esslimani « a behavioral approach of the recommendation and social networks as a representation tool » Defended in December 2010.