!! NEW !! PhD position in Data Mining and Learning Analytics, starting date January 2019
Associate professor – HDR (defended in April 2018) – in Computer Science (section CNU 27) at Université de Lorraine Since 2003.
My research interests are: artificial intelligence, including user modelling: preferences and behavior through the design of recommender systems. My approach relies on machine learning and data mining.
I am currently the co-adviser of the following PhD students:
- Yacine Abboud « Predicting emergence. Application to compétences in job offers ». Defence planned in September 2018.
- Julie Budaher » Educational barometer for students : from the increase of the learning process to system adoption ». Defence planned in December 2019.
Past Phd students:
- Benjamin Gras « Modeling atypical users in recommender systems ». PhD defended on 8th January 2018.
- Oleksandr Palchenko « Algorithms and information technology to search similar objects in Big Data ». PhD stopped after 1 year.
- Marharyta Aleksandrova « Matrix factorisation and contrats analysis for recommandation ». French-Ukraine PhD. PhD defended on 7th July 2017.
- Lina Fahed « Predicting and Influencing the occurrence of events in a complex sequence ». Defended in October 2016.
- Geoffray Bonnin « sequential approaches in recommender systems for Web navigation » Defended in November 2010.
- Ilham Esslimani « a behavioral approach of the recommendation and social networks as a representation tool » Defended in December 2010.