I am member of the Inria quantum Project team Mocqua, Loria. My main research domain is quantum computing and, more specifically, the study of the complexity properties of quantum programs. I am also interested in:
- Static analysis and verification
- Logic and type systems
- Computational models
- Programming Languages
- Implicit computational complexity
I am currently member of PEPR EPiQ, and of the NEASQC project on next applications of Quantum computing, funded by European Commission REA. I was involved in ACI Criss (2004-2008), ANR Complice (2008-2013), ANR Binsec (2012-2013), ANR Elica (2015-2019) , and ANR SoftQPro. I used to be the principal investigator of the Inria associate team Cristal(2009-2012).
I was in the PC of DICE 2014, FOPARA 2015, RAC 2016, DICE 2018, DICE-FOPARA 2019 and in the OC of CCA 2013.
I was guest editor with Martin Avanzini of a TCS special issue on Implicit Computational Complexity.
I am the principal investigator of the Inria associate team TC(Pro)3(2019-2022).
The paper « A programming language characterizing quantum polynomial time », coauthored with Emmanuel Hainry and Mário Silva has been accepted at FoSSaCS 2023.
The paper « A general noninterference policy for polynomial time », coauthored with Emmanuel Hainry has been accepted and presented at POPL 2023.
The paper « Complete and tractable machine-independent characterizations of second-order polytime », coauthored with Emmanuel Hainry, Bruce Kapron and Jean-Yves Marion, accepted at FoSSaCS 2022 has received the Best Paper Award of the EATCS at ETAPS 2022.
The paper « Quantum Expectation Transformers for Cost Analysis », written with Martin Avanzini, Georg Moser, Simon Perdrix, and Vladimir Zamdzhiev has been accepted at LICS 2022.
I am in the PC of IFL 2022 (The 34th Symposium on Implementation and Application of Functional Languages).
My Habilitation Thesis has been defended the 19th of October 2020 (online) (Manuscript, Slides).
I am associate professor at UFR Mathématiques et Informatique, Université de Lorraine where I am teaching:
- Logic (Bachelor, 1st year)
- UML and object oriented design (Master, 1st year)
- Computer architecture (Bachelor, 2nd year)
- Computational complexity (Bachelor, 3rd year)
I was formerly director of the Miage licence (bachelor), UFR MI (2011-2018) and director of the c2i, Nancy 2 University (2009-2011) and member of Opération Postes (2009-2012).
- Kinnari Dave (master at Yale University) advised with Vladimir Zamdzhiev (2022-2025)
- Mário Silva (master at Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa) advised with Emmanuel Hainry (2021-2024)
- Pierre Mercuriali (master at UFR MI, Université de Lorraine) co-advised with Miguel Couceiro (2016-2020)
- Thanh Dinh Ta (master at Université Claude Bernard, Lyon, and IFI, Hanoï) co-advised with Jean-Yves Marion (2011-2013)
- Master 2:
- Nishigandha Yadav (FST UL) co-advised with Emmanuel Hainry in 2021
- Pierre Mercuriali (master at UFR MI, Université de Lorraine) co-advised with Miguel Couceiro in 2016
- Gwendal Carpy (Ecole des Mines) co-advised with Emmanuel Hainry in 2013
- Hugo Férée (ENS Lyon) co-advised with Emmanuel Hainry and Mathieu Hoyrup in 2011
- Thanh Dinh Ta (master at Université Claude Bernard, Lyon, and IFI, Hanoï) co-advised with Jean-Yves Marion in 2011
- Master 1:
- Théo Alison (FST UL) co-advised with Emmanuel Hainry in 2020
- Matthias Bertrand (FST UL) co-advised with Emmanuel Hainry in 2020
- Clément Koch (FST UL) co-advised with Emmanuel Hainry in 2020
- Hugo Férée (ENS Lyon) co-advised with Emmanuel Hainry and Mathieu Hoyrup in 2010
- Bachelor (3rd year):
- Olivier Zeyen (FST UL) co-advised with Emmanuel Hainry in 2019