Karim Bouyarmane, Ph.D.
Docteur en Systèmes Automatiques et Microélectroniques de l'Université Montpellier 2
Ingénieur de l'Ecole Polytechnique (X04)
Ingénieur des Mines de Paris
I am a Université de Lorraine assistant professor at the Polytech Nancy School of Engineering, in the Computer Science department, and researcher at the Laboratoire Lorrain de Recherche en Informatique et Applications (LORIA), LARSEN team, in Nancy, France. Please find in this page all the material related to my research (published papers, accompanying videos, working papers). Please consider dowloading these papers from their respective journals or conference proceedings editor websites (links provided) in case you have a personal subscription or if your institution provides an institutional access.
Je suis maître de conférences à l'université de Lorraine - Polytech Nancy et chercheur au LORIA au sein de l'équipe INRIA LARSEN. Vous pouvez télécharger mes publications et pré-publications sur cette page (préférez le téléchargement sur les sites des éditeurs si vous y avez accès via un abonnement personnel ou via votre institution).
Université de Lorraine - CNRS - INRIA Nancy Grand Est
Université de Lorraine - Polytech Nancy
LORIA UMR 7503, Campus Scientifique, BP 239, 54506 Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy, France
2 rue Jean Lamour, 54519 Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy Cedex, France
karim.bouyarmane [at] loria.fr / univ-lorraine.fr
Keywords: Humanoid Robotics; Motion Planning and Control; Autonomous Robots; Computer Graphics (Computer Animation of Virtual Characters); Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI).
- [In revision] K. Bouyarmane and A. Kheddar, "Non-Decoupled Locomotion and Manipulation Planning for Low-Dimensional Systems," submitted to the Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Springer. [pdf draft].
- [In review] K. Bouyarmane, J. Vaillant, K. Chappellet, and A.
Kheddar, "Multi-Robot and Task-Space Force Control with Quadratic Programming," sumbitted to IEEE Transactions on Robotics. [pdf draf][mp4].
- [Conditionally accepted] K. Bouyarmane, and A. Kheddar, "On Weight-Pritoritized Multi-Task Control of Humanoid Robots," submitted to IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. [pdf draft].
- J. Vaillant, K. Bouyarmane (corresponding author), and A. Kheddar,
"Multi-Character Physical and Behavioral Interactions Controller," in IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1650-1662, June 2017. [IEEE Xplore (Open Access)][pdf][mp4].
- J. Vaillant, A. Kheddar, H. Audren, F. Keith, S. Brossette, A.
Escande, K. Bouyarmane, K. Kaneko, M. Morisawa, P. Gergondet, E.
Yoshida, S. Kajita, and F. Kanehiro, "Multi-Contact Vertical Ladder
Climbing with a HRP-2 Humanoid," in Autonomous Robots, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 561-580, March 2016. [Springer Link][pdf][mp4(1)][mp4(2)][mp4(3)][mp4(4)].
- K. Bouyarmane, J. Vaillant, N. Sugimoto, F. Keith, J. Furukawa, and
J. Morimoto, "Brain-Machine Interfacing Control of Whole-Body Humanoid
Motion," in Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience, Special Issue on the Augmentation of Brain Function, vol. 8, no. 138, pp. 1-10, August 2014. [Frontiers (Open Acess)][pdf][wmv].
- K. Bouyarmane and A. Kheddar, "Humanoid Robot Locomotion and Manipulation Step Planning," in Advanced Robotics (Int. J. of the Robotics Society of Japan), Special Issue on the Cutting Edge of Robotics in Japan 2012 (2),
vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1099-1126, July 2012 (selected and recommended
among the best presentations at the RSJ 2010 conference). [Taylor and Francis Online][pdf][Illustrative video from conference ICRA 2011 [avi][mpg]][See also illustrative videos from conferences HUMANOIDS 2010, IROS 2011, HUMANOIDS 2012 below].
- S. Caron, K. Bouyarmane, A. Escande, and A. Kheddar, "Multi-Contact Motion Planning and Control", in Humanoid Robotics: a Reference, Edited by Ambarish Goswami and Prahlad Vadakkepat. Springer, to appear, May 2017. [pdf draft available soon].
- V. Samy, K. Bouyarmane, and A. Kheddar, "QP-based Adaptive-Gains Compliance Control in Humanoid Falls," in Proc. 2017 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Singapore, to appear, 2017. [link available soon][pdf][mp4].
- A. Di Fava, K. Bouyarmane, K. Chappellet, E. Ruffaldi, and A. Kheddar, "Multi-Contact Motion Retargeting from Human to Humanoid Robot," in Proc. 2016 IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 1081-1086, Cancun, Mexico, November 2016. [IEEE Xplore][pdf][mp4].
- K. Bouyarmane, J. Vaillant, N. Sugimoto, F. Keith, J. Furukawa, and
J. Morimoto, "BCI Control of Whole-Body Humanoid by Combining Motor
Imagery Detection and Autonomous Motion Planning," in Springer
Lecture Notes on Computer Science LNCS 8226, Minho Lee, Akira Hirose,
Zeng-Guang Hou, Rhee Man Kil Editors, (Proc. 2013 Int. Conf. on Neural
Information Processing), pp. 310-318, Daegu, Republic of Korea, November 2013. [Springer Link][pdf][wmv].
- K. Bouyarmane, J. Vaillant, and J. Morimoto, "Low-Dimensional User
Control of Autonomously Planned Whole-Body Humanoid Locomotion Motion
Towards Brain-Computer Interface Applications," in Nature-Inspired Mobile Robotics, Waldron, Tokhi, Virk Editors, (Proc. 2013 IFToMM Int. Conf. on Climbing and Walking Robots), pp. 740-748, Sydney, Australia, July 2013. [World Scientific][pdf][mp4][wmv].
- K. Bouyarmane and A. Kheddar, "On the Dynamics Modeling of
Free-Floating-Base Articulated Mechanisms and Applications to Humanoid
Whole-Body Dynamics and Control," in Proc. 2012 IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 36-42, Osaka, Japan, December 2012. [IEEE Xplore][pdf][mp4].
- K. Bouyarmane, J. Vaillant, F. Keith, and A. Kheddar, "Exploring
Humanoid Robot Locomotion Capabilities in Virtual Disaster Response
Scenarios," in Proc. 2012 IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 337-342, Osaka, Japan, December 2012 (DARPA Robotics Challenge-related paper). [IEEE Xplore][pdf][mpg].
- K. Bouyarmane and A. Kheddar, "FEM-based Static Posture Planning for a Humanoid Robot on Deformable Contact Support," in Proc. 2011 IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 487-492, Bled, Slovenia, October 2011. [IEEE Xplore][pdf][avi].
- K. Bouyarmane and A. Kheddar, "Using a Multi-Objective
Controller to Synthesize Simulated Humanoid Robot Motion with Changing
Contact Configurations," in Proc. 2011 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4414-4419, San Fransisco, CA, USA, September 2011. [IEEE Xplore][pdf][mp4][wmv].
- K. Bouyarmane and A. Kheddar, "Multi-Contact Stances Planning for Multiple Agents," in Proc. 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 5546-5353, Shanghai, China, May 2011. [IEEE Xplore][pdf][avi][mpg].
- K. Bouyarmane and A. Kheddar, "Static Multi-Contact Inverse Problem for Multiple Humanoid Robots and Manipulated Objects," in Proc. 2010 IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 8-13, Nashville, TN, USA, December 2010 (best paper award finalist). [IEEE Xplore][pdf][mp4].
- K. Bouyarmane, A. Escande, F. Lamiraux, and A. Kheddar, "Potential Field Guide for Humanoid Multicontacts Acyclic Motion Planning," in Proc. 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1165-1170, Kobe, Japan, May 2009. [IEEE Xplore][pdf].
- K. Bouyarmane, On Autonomous Humanoid Robots: Contact Planning for Locomotion and Manipulation (French title: De l'Autonomonie des Robots Humanoïdes : Planification de Contacts pour Mouvements de Locomotion et Tâches de Manipulation), University of Montpellier (ex Montpellier 2 University), Doctoral School I2S: Information, Structures, Systems, Speciality in Automatic and Microelectronic Systems, Montpellier, France, defended 22 November 2011. [pdf].
- Thesis Committee
|Prof. B. Espiau
|Prof. J.-C. Latombe
||Stanford University (USA)
|Prof. J.-P. Laumond
|Prof. A. Crosnier
||Montpellier 2 Uni. (France)
|Prof. H. Hirukawa
|Prof. A. Kheddar
- T. Moulard, F. Lamiraux, K. Bouyarmane, and E. Yoshida, "Roboptim: an Optimization Framework for Robotics," in Proc. 2013 JSME (Japan Society for Mechanical Engineers) Robotics and Mechatronics Conference, Tsukuba, Japan, May 2013 [pdf].
- K. Bouyarmane and A. Kheddar, "Multi-Contacts Stances Planning for Humanoid Locomotion and Manipulation," in Proc. 28th RSJ Ann. Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Nagoya, Japan, September 2010 (selected among the best presentations). [pdf].
- Poster presented at the 9th Workshop on the Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics, Singapore, December 2010. [pdf].
- New Scientist article featuring our work [link].
I graduated from Ecole Polytechnique (Palaiseau, France) in 2007 and from Ecole des Mines de Paris in 2008 (double Ingénieur diploma in French educational system). I defended a University of Montpellier
Ph.D thesis on November 2011 (previoulsy known as Monpellier 2
University. Montpellier 2 University has since then merged with
Montpellier 1 University to become the present-day University of
Montpellier), after spending my three-year doctoral program at AIST in Tsukuba, Japan, in the JRL lab. I subsequently held a two-year JSPS postdoctoral fellowship position at ATR in Kyoto, Japan, and I worked during the following two and a half years on the EU (European) FP7 project Koroibot and the the EU H2020 project COMANOID at the LIRMM lab in Montpellier, France, as a CNRS research associate. I am currently an assistant professor at Université de Lorraine.
||Université de Lorraine - CNRS - INRIA Nancy Grand Est LORIA - Polytech Nancy, Nancy, France
||CNRS - University of Montpellier LIRMM, Montpellier, France
||ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, Kyoto, Japan
||National Institute of AIST, Tsukuba, Japan
||Ecole nationale supérieure des mines de Paris, Paris, France
||Ecole Polytechnique (X04), Palaiseau, France
||Lycee Moulay Idriss (CPGE), Fes, Morocco