Patrick Henaff received an M.S degree in Robotic from the University of Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris 6) in 1989, and a Ph.D. in Robotic in 1994 at the Paris Robotic Laboratory, University of Pierre et Marie Curie. From 1997 to 2013, he was Associate Professor at the Institute of Technology of Cergy Pontoise. He worked as a researcher at the LISV (Systems Engineering Laboratory of the University of Versailles) from 1997 to 2009 and from 2009 to August 2013 he was a researcher at ETIS lab, University of Cergy Pontoise, CNRS UMR 8051.
Patrick Henaff is full Professor since September 2013. From 2013 to 2023 , he taught the Ecole des Mines de Nancy (computer science department), University of Lorraine and was researcher at the LORIA lab (CNRS UMR 7503), Neurorythms team. He was the head of Department «Complex Systems, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics» at the LORIA between 2015 and 2022, and the head of the Computer Sciences Department of Mines Nancy from 2018 to 2022.
Since October 2023, he is professor at the Ecole Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Brest ( https://www.enib.fr/en/ ), computer science department, and doing his research at the « Lab-STICC » UMR CNRS 6285 laboratory (https://labsticc.fr/en ) , Interaction department (https://labsticc.fr/en/departments/interaction ),
His topics of interest concern the biological inspired control in robotics, particularly the neural network biological models dedicated to control rhythmic motions of humanoids robots during the walk or during their physical and/or social interaction with humans
Robotics, Locomotion, Handshaking, Learning, Neural Networks, Neural control, Central Pattern Generator (CPG), legged locomotion, sensorimotor coordination, biped locomotion, Humanoid robotics,
- 2011: Habilitation à Diriger les Recherches, ETIS lab, University of Cergy-Pontoise. «Commande bio-inspirée et genèse de mouvements rythmiques en robotique »
- 1994: PhD degree in Robotic, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Robotic Laboratory, «Mises en Œuvre de Commandes Neuronales Par Rétro-Propagation Indirecte : Applications à la Robotique Mobile »
- 1989: M.S (2nd year or DEA) in robotics , University Pierre et Marie Curie
- 1988: M.S (1st year) in electronics, signal processing and control , University of Rennes I
- 1986: Bachelor (Licence) in electronics , University of Rennes I, Institut of Technology (Lannion)
- 2020 : Prime d’encadrement doctoral (PEDR)
- 2019 : Promotion au grade de Professeur 1ère classe (contingent national, CNU 27ème section)
- 2011 : Promotion au grade de Maitre de Conférences Hors Classe (contingent national, CNU 61ème)
- 2012 : Prime d’excellence scientifique (PES)
- 2005 : Prime d’encadrement doctoral (PEDR)