I am a freshly-minted PhD, currently working as an engineer at LORIA‘s team CARAMBA on symmetric cryptography. More specifically, I am interested in the design and the analysis of lightweight encryption algorithms. I have been studying these primitives for the last 3 years as part of my PhD, under the supervision of Marine Minier. My thesis can be found here, and the slides here.
Below is a summary of my work. You can also download my resume here.
Projects I took part in
- ANR DeCrypt: Declarative Approach for Symmetric Cryptography
- FUI PACLIDO: Lightweight Cryptographic Primitives for the IoT
- ANR The CASCADE: Control Theory Applied to Secure Communication
- SKINNY with Scalpel Comparing Tools for Differential Analysis – Stéphanie Delaune, Patrick Derbez, Paul Huynh, Marine Minier, Victor Mollimard and Charles Prud’Homme. [pdf]
- Non-triangular Self-synchronizing Stream Ciphers – Julien Francq, Loic Besson, Paul Huynh, Philippe Guillot, Gilles Millérioux and Marine Minier. IEEE Transactions on Computers. [pdf]
- Cryptanalysis Results on Spook – Patrick Derbez, Virginie Lallemand, María Naya-Plasencia, Léo Perrin and André Schrottenloher. CRYPTO 2020. [pdf]
- On the Feistel Counterpart of the Boomerang Connectivity Table: Introduction and Analysis of the FBCT – Hamid Boukerrou, Paul Huynh, Virginie Lallemand, Bimal Mandal and Marine Minier. FSE 2020. [pdf]
- Lilliput-AE: A New Lightweight Tweakable Block Cipher for Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data – Alexandre Adomnicai, Thierry P. Berger, Christophe Clavier, Julien Francq, Paul Huynh, Virginie Lallemand, Kévin Le Gouguec, Marine Minier, Léo Reynaud and Gaël Thomas. NIST Lightweight Cryptography Project Submission. [pdf]
- On the Feistel Counterpart of the Boomerang Connectivity Table: Introduction and Analysis of the FBCT. FSE 2020, virtual conference [slides][talk]
- On the Feistel Counterpart of the Boomerang Connectivity Table: Introduction and Analysis of the FBCT. Journées Codage et Cryptographie C2 2020, virtual conference [slides]
- Cryptanalysis Results on Spook. CRYPTO 2020, virtual conference [slides][talk]
- Felics-AE: Benchmarking of Lightweight Authenticated Encryption Algorithms. NIST Lightweight Cryptography Workshop, Gaithersburg, USA, November 2019 [slides][talk]
- 2019-2020 Introduction to Cryptography and Cybersecurity, First year, Télécom Nancy