Co-director of the Sciences du langage bachelor degree (licence).
Co-chair of the ACL ethics committee, with Min Yen Kan and Yulia Tsvetkov.
Management Committee member, Language In The Human-Machine Era (LITHME) COST action
Member of the GDR LIFT (Linguistique Informatique, Formelle et de Terrain), PI of the new GDR LIFT.
- language resources creation, in particular using Games With A Purpose (see Lingo Boingo and Science Ensemble portals)
- ZombiLingo (dependency syntax annotation), now ZombiLUDik (for UD)
- ethics in NLP and AI
- 2021-2026: Co-chair of the ACL ethics committee, with Min Yen Kan and Yulia Tsvetkov.
- 2020-2023: Project Ethics Officer of the AI-Proficient European project
- 2019-2022: Member of the Sorbonne IRB (Comité d’éthique de la recherche)
- 2021: Area chair for the Ethics and NLP track at ACL-IJCNLP 2021
- 2020-2021: Co-chair of the ethics committee for EMNLP 2020 (with D. Hovy) and NAACL 2021 (with E. Bender)
- 2016-2021: Ethics working group leader within the enetCollect COST action
- 2016: Guest editor (with G. Adda and K. B. Cohen) for the special issue of the TAL journal on ethics and NLP: « TAL et éthique »
- 2015 – : Creator and member of the scientific committee of the « éthique et TAL » (ethics and NLP) blog
- 2015 and 2020: co-organizer (with M. Amblard and G. Adda) of the TALN workshop on ethics and NLP ETeRNAL (2015) and ETeRNAL 2 (2020)
- 2014: Organizer of the Journée d’études ATALA « éthique et TAL »
- 2013-2014: Co-creator of the Ethics and big data charter (Charte Ethique et Big Data). In French (V8) and English (V2).
Our paper about the presence of the Big Tech in NLP has been accepted to ACL 2023! Here it is.
I’ve been interviewed for an Interstices podcast on ethics in AI: https://interstices.info/quelle-ethique-pour-les-agents-conversationnels/
I was in Epinal on Jan. 12th, at Lycée Claude Gellée, with Hee-Soo Choi, my PhD student, to interact with girls about science. A great moment, with lots of questions and laughters! Their webpage. My slides. Inria’s tweet.
I was invited to give a talk on ethics in NLP at the « journées conjointes » of the GDR TAL and LIFT in Marseille on Nov. 14th, 2022: Éthique et TAL : ce dont on parle, ce dont on ne parle plus, ce dont on ne parle pas (un état de l’art)
Our paper « French CrowS-Pairs: Extending a challenge dataset for measuring social bias in masked language models to a language other than English » has been accepted to ACL 2022! See you in Dublin!
I have the great honour to be appointed co-chair of the newly created ACL ethics committee, with Min Yen Kan and Yulia Tsvetkov, a great team! This is very exciting and already a lot of work to be done!
I was invited to give a talk on ethics in NLP at the OFAI seminar (Austria) on Oct. 12th, 2022: Ethics and NLP: What we Talk About, What we Don’t Talk About Anymore, What we Never Talked About
I was invited to give a talk on ethics in NLP at the IXXI seminar on June 10th, 2022: Éthique et TAL : ce dont on parle, ce dont on ne parle plus, ce dont on ne parle pas (un état de l’art)
I’ll participate to the tutorial on on Ethics in AI and human-machine interaction at the 23rd ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction, on Oct. 18th, 2021. My slides are here.
The book Sorbonnavirus has been published. The Sorbonne IRB wrote an article about our work during the COVID crisis.
I’m co-organizing the Games and Natural Language Processing Special Session at IEEE CoG 2021, please have a look and do not hesitate to send a paper!
Our tutorial on reviewing has been accepted at EACL 2021 and will be taught on April 20th.
The same tutorial has been accepted at TALN 2021 and will be partially given in French.
I was invited (with Chris Cieri, LDC) by Chris Callison-Burch to participate as guest speaker in his Crowdsourcing and Human Computation class at Univ. of Pennsylvania (Feb. 11th).