I’m invited to give a talk on Ethics and AI (a view from NLP) at the noon webinar of SAILS, in Leiden, on Sept. 27, 2021.
The book Sorbonnavirus has been published. The Sorbonne IRB wrote an article about our work during the COVID crisis.
I’m co-organizing the Games and Natural Language Processing Special Session at IEEE CoG 2021, please have a look and do not hesitate to send a paper!
Our tutorial on reviewing has been accepted at EACL 2021 and will be taught on April 20th.
The same tutorial has been accepted at TALN 2021 and will be partially given in French.
I was invited (with Chris Cieri, LDC) by Chris Callison-Burch to participate as guest speaker in his Crowdsourcing and Human Computation class at Univ. of Pennsylvania (Feb. 11th).
Member of Sorbonne Université IRB (comité d’éthique, CER@SU)
Management Committee member, Language In The Human-Machine Era (LITHME) COST action
Member of the GDR LIFT (Linguistique Informatique, Formelle et de Terrain)
- language resources creation, in particular using Games With A Purpose (see Lingo Boingo and Science Ensemble portals)
- ZombiLingo (dependency syntax annotation)
- ethics in NLP and AI
- 2020-2023: Project Ethics Officer of the AI-Proficient European project
- 2021: Area chair for the Ethics and NLP track at ACL-IJCNLP 2021
- 2020-2021: Co-chair of the ethics committee for EMNLP 2020 (with D. Hovy) and NAACL 2021 (with E. Bender)
- 2016-2021: Ethics working group leader within the enetCollect COST action
- 2016: Guest editor (with G. Adda and K. B. Cohen) for the special issue of the TAL journal on ethics and NLP: « TAL et éthique »
- 2015 – : Creator and member of the scientific committee of the « éthique et TAL » (ethics and NLP) blog
- 2015 and 2020: co-organizer (with M. Amblard and G. Adda) of the TALN workshop on ethics and NLP ETeRNAL (2015) and ETeRNAL 2 (2020)
- 2014: Organizer of the Journée d’études ATALA « éthique et TAL »