Economic mobilisation agency in Lorraine has launched in 2013 a new project Satelor providing it with 2.5 million Euros of funding over 3 years, out of an estimated total of 4.7 million.
The Satelor project aims at developing services for maintaining safely elderly people with loss of autonomy at home or people with a chronic diseases. Larsen team will play an important role for bringing some research results such as:
- developing a low cost environmental sensor for monitoring the daily activities of elderly people at home
- developing a low cost sensor for fall detection
- developing a low cost companion robot able to interact with people and monitoring their activities while detecting emergency situations.
- Diatelic, Kapelse, <Neolinks, Sailendra
- INRIA, Université de Lorraine
- A Gait Analysis Method Based on a Depth Camera for Fall Prevention. Amandine Dubois and François Charpillet. In EMBC-36th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2014. PDF.
- Human Activities Recognition with RGB-Depth Camera using HMM. Amandine Dubois and François Charpillet. In EMBC-35th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2013.