- From 1977 to 1982, superior studies at the Ecole Normale Supérieure (Sèvres-Ulm) in Paris, including :
- Master in Biochemistry at the University Paris VII (now known as Paris Diderot),
- Master in Physiology at the University Paris VI (now known as Pierre and Marie Curie : UPMC),
- PhD in Molecular Biology in 1982 at the University Paris VII (now known as Paris Diderot).
- Agregation in Physiologie-Biochimie in 1980.
- In 1988, Doctorat d’Etat es Sciences (equivalent to the Habilitation).
- In 2001, Master in Computer Sciences : DESS Informatique Double Compétence at the University Henri Poincaré .
- From 1980 to 1989 at the Institut Jacques Monod in Dr. Anne-Lise Haenni’s laboratory, dealing with plant viruses and molecular virology.
- From 1990 to 2001 in Charles Auffray’s laboratory in Nogent sur Marne then in Villejuif, dealing with neurotrophin genes and human genetics.
- From 2001 to now at the LORIA
- Since January 1st, 2015, I am a member of the CAPSID team (Team leader : Dave Ritchie). CAPSID stands for Computational Algorithms for Protein Structure and Interactions. I am in charge of developing algorithms and strategies for structural data mining to help modeling of complex protein-protein interactions.
- From autumn 2003 to December 31st, 2014, I have been a member of the ORPAILLEUR team (Team leader : Amedeo Napoli). I have been involved in various projects dealing with biological data integration and mining for knowledge extraction.
Centres d’intérêt et compétences
- integration of heteogeneous complex data,
- relational databases,
- machine learning including clustering and classification,
- symbolic data mining methods including relational data mining,
- semantic web, bio-ontologies,
- structural bioinformatics
Encadrement de thèses depuis 1991 : 12
Publications depuis 1993
61 journal papers, see more on HAL
- 2010-à ce jour : Program Committee of international workshops and conferences (Semantic Web Applications and Tools for the Lifes Sciences SWAT4LS 2011, 2012 ; Integrative Bioinformatics 2011 ; Knowledge Discovery and Information Retrieval KDIR 2010 to 2016; BioInformatics and BioMedicine BIBM’2012 to 2018, IWBBio 2016 to 2019)
- 2011-today : Responsible at the Loria of transverse axis Numerical Health, member of the Laboratory Directory Scientific Committee.
- 2011-2015 : Advisor of the Director of Centre de Recherches INRIA Nancy Grand-Est for relationships with the Life Sciences.
- 2014 : Chair of the European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB 2014, http://www.eccb14.org)
- 2015-today : Platform coordinator in the CPER 2015-2020 project: IT2MP Innovations Technologiques et Modélisation pour la Médecine Personnalisée (with clinicians at the CHRU de Nancy). WP5 coordinator in the FHU CARTAGE and the RHU FIGHT-HF – Scientific responsible of the structural bioinformatics platform of the CAPSID team (MBI : Modelling Biomolecules and their Interactions)
- 2018 – today : Coordinator of Interoperability Action at the Institut Français de Bioinformatique.