I am a tenured research scientist (chargé de recherche – CR) in INRIA Nancy Grand-Est and LORIA since 2014, working in the project-team LARSEN, directed by Francois Charpillet. Before joining Inria, I was a postdoc in the Intelligent Autonomous Systems Lab of TU Darmstadt (Germany), with Jan Peters, and in the Institute of Intelligent Systems and Robotics (ISIR) in Paris (France), with Olivier Sigaud and Vincent Padois. I obtained my PhD at the Italian Institute of Technology in Genoa (Italy) with Francesco Nori and Giorgio Metta in 2011.
My research is currently focused on robots collaborating with humans. I am interested into combining machine learning with control to improve the prediction, adaptation and interaction skills of robots. I strongly believe in user evaluation, i.e., making potential end-user evaluate our technologies, to improve usability, trust, acceptance.
I am serving as Associate Editor for IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters and IEEE/RAS robotics conferences, and I was Program Chair of IEEE/RAS Humanoids 2019. I recently joined the steering committee of Robotics for Infectious Diseases. Since 2021 I am co-leader of the GT7 Humanoid Robotics of GDR Robotique (the French Robotics society).
I am currently involved in the following projects:
- AnDy (EU, H2020, PI): collaboration between humans and humanoids, exoskeletons and cobots
- HEAP (EU, CHIST-ERA, PI): machine learning techniques and human-in-the-loop approach to grasp irregular objects in a heap -> hiring 1 year postdoc on interactive learning for robot grasping
- C-Shift (FR, LUE, PI): to investigate adaptation with cobots and exoskeletons
- TELEMOVTOP (FR, AMI Numerique Grand Est, PI): to apply our knowledge in teleoperation to robots for asbestos removal
- EXOTURN (FR, Inria-COVID19, PI): to provide exoskeletons for doctors engaged in the COVID-19 fight in the ICU
- The_Flying_Coworker (FR, ANR): collaboration between humans and flying robots with manipulators for objects handover
- ASMOA (FR, DGA): prediction and anticipatory control for exoskeletons
- CoDyCo (EU, FP7, PI): learning and control for physical human-robot interaction
- ICRA 2020 Workshop on Shared Autonomy: Learning and Control
- ICRA 2020 Workshop on Multidisciplinary Approaches for pHRI
- Invited talk at ICRA 2020 Workshop on Human-Robot Handovers
- Invited talk at RSS 2020 Workshop on Closing the academia to real-world gap in service robotics
- ROMAN 2020 Workshop on Cognitive Robotics for Interaction
- Invited talk at IROS 2020 Workshop on Ergonomic Physical Human-Robot Collaboration
- Invited talk at Journée GT5 Perception et interaction homme-robot 2020
- Invited talk at ICPR 2020 Workshop on Perception and Modeling for Manipulation of Objects