I am a tenured research scientist (chargé de recherche – CR) in INRIA Nancy Grand-Est and LORIA, working in the project-team LARSEN, directed by Francois Charpillet. Before joining Inria, I was a postdoc in the Intelligent Autonomous Systems Lab of TU Darmstadt (Germany), with Jan Peters, and in the Institute of Intelligent Systems and Robotics (ISIR) in Paris (France), with Olivier Sigaud and Vincent Padois. I did my PhD at the Italian Institute of Technology in Genoa (Italy) with Francesco Nori and Giorgio Metta.
My research is currently focused on robots collaborating with humans. I am interested into combining machine learning with control to improve the prediction, adaptation and interaction skills of robots. I strongly believe in user evaluation, i.e., making potential end-user evaluate our technologies, to improve usability, trust, acceptance.
I am currently PI in the following projects: the EU H2020 ICT project AnDy (2017-2020), where we focus on collaboration between humans and humanoids, exoskeletons and cobots; in the EU Chist-Era project HEAP (2019-2022), where we combine machine learning techniques and human-in-the-loop approach to grasp irregular objects in a heap; and in the LUE project C-Shift (2019-2022), as PI for Loria, to investigate adaptation with cobots. I am also involved in the French ANR project The_Flying_Coworker (2019-2022), where we focus on collaboration between humans and flying robots, and the French DGA project ASMOA (2020-2021) where we focus on prediction and anticipatory control for exoskeletons. In the past I was PI in the EU FP7 project CoDyCo (2013-2017), working on learning and control for physical human-robot interaction.
- AnDy (EU, H2020, 2017-2020)
- HEAP (EU, CHIST-ERA, 2019-2022) -> hiring 1 year postdoc on interactive learning for robot grasping
- The_Flying_Coworker (FR, ANR, 2019-2022)
- C-Shift (FR, LUE, 2019-2022)
- ASMOA (FR, DGA, 2020-2021)
- TELEMOVTOP (FR, AMI Numerique Grand Est, 2020-2021) -> hiring 1.5 year robot engineer and 1 year HMI engineer
- EXOTURN (FR, Inria, 2020-..)
- ICRA 2020 Workshop on Shared Autonomy: Learning and Control
- ICRA 2020 Workshop on Multidisciplinary Approaches for pHRI
- Invited talk at ICRA 2020 Workshop on Human-Robot Handovers
- Invited talk at RSS 2020 Workshop on Closing the academia to real-world gap in service robotics
- ROMAN 2020 Workshop on Cognitive Robotics for Interaction
- Invited talk at IROS 2020 Workshop on Ergonomic Physical Human-Robot Collaboration