I am a tenured research scientist (chargé de recherche – CR) in INRIA Nancy Grand-Est (France), working in the project-team LARSEN, directed by Francois Charpillet. Before joining Inria, I was a postdoc in the Intelligent Autonomous Systems Lab of TU Darmstadt (Germany), with Jan Peters, and in the Institute of Intelligent Systems and Robotics (ISIR) in Paris (France), with Olivier Sigaud and Vincent Padois. I did my PhD at the Italian Institute of Technology in Genoa (Italy) with Francesco Nori and Giorgio Metta.
My research is currently focused on robots collaborating with humans. I am interested into combining machine learning with control to improve the prediction and interaction skills of robots. I strongly believe in user evaluation, i.e., making potential end-user evaluate our technologies, to improve usability, trust, acceptance.
I am currently PI in the EU H2020 ICT project AnDy (2017-2020), where we focus on collaboration between humans and humanoids, exoskeletons and cobots, and in the EU Chist-Era project HEAP (2019-2022), where we combine machine learning techniques and human-in-the-loop approach to grasp irregular objects in a heap. I am also involved in the French ANR project The_Flying_Coworker (2019-2022), where we focus on collaboration between humans and flying robots, and the LUE project C-Shift (2019-2022), as PI for Loria, to investigate adaptation with cobots. In the past I was PI in the EU FP7 project CoDyCo (2013-2017), working on learning and control for physical human-robot interaction.
- AnDy (EU, H2020, 2017-2020)
- HEAP (EU, CHIST-ERA, 2019-2022)
- The_Flying_Coworker (FR, ANR, 2019-2022)
- C-Shift (FR, LUE, 2019-2022)
- HEAP kick-off meeting (May 15th, 2019) @ INRIA Nancy
- ICRA 2019 Workshop on Human movement science for Physical Human-Robot Collaboration @ ICRA 2019, Montreal, Canada
- Speaking at two workshops at RSS 2019 @ Freiburg, Germany:
- AnDy review meeting (September 2019) @ Ottobock, Germany
- Program Chair of the IEEE/RAS Int. Conference on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids 2019) @ Toronto, Canada
- Presenting at three workshops at Humanoids 2019
Presenting at Journées Nationales de la Recherche en Robotique (JNRR 2019) @ Vittel, France(canceled, as it is overlapping with Humanoids)
- Keynote speaker at Human-Friendly Robotics 2019 @ Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Speaking at the IROS 2019 Cutting-Edge-Forum “Cognitive Architectures for Humanoids: Where Are We in Our Quest to Achieve Human-Level AI in Robotics?”
- Presenting at two workshops in IROS 2019:
- Presenting at Atelier “Collaborative robotics” at Forum of Cognitive Sciences in Nancy